We’re looking for an exciting lead Early Years Theatre Practitioner to plan and deliver weekly sessions.
We’re looking for a fantastic freelance early years drama and play practitioner to help run our Parent & Child and Nursery Drama & Play weekly sessions. We need a Lead Practitioner to deliver on Saturday mornings, during term-time, for two groups of young people.
You’ll get to work with a brilliant bunch of young people and practitioners – and be part of our core aims and ambitions of providing impactful arts opportunities and experiences to the Three Towns community.
We want the young people we engage with to be the driving force behind the development of our programmes. As the Lead Early Years Theatre Practitioner, you’ll play an important part in shaping this inclusive offer.
We’re looking for practitioners with a real commitment to enabling young people to fulfil their potential.
The role is offered on a rolling freelance basis from August 2022-June 2023. 2-hours/week delivery (excluding planning time)
Rate of pay: £30/hour
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and deliver engaging and accessible weekly sessions on Saturday mornings (during term time) for two groups in Stevenston
- Work with children aged 1-4 and their parents/carers in building strong bonds and exploring creativity through play and storytelling
- Help manage the space and keep children aware of personal space/social distancing where necessary
- Liaise with the Director and Creative Learning Officer and assistant practitioners/volunteers in weekly plans and developments
- Document activities with photographs and videos, liasing with the Admin & Marketing Assistant
- Collate material for evaluation through different forms of media
- Work within Triple Act Theatre & Arts policies, including Health & Safety, Child Protection and Equalities
- Participate in organisation meetings and events as required
- Attend relevant training as and when required
- Positively represent Triple Act Theatre & Arts at events
We are looking for someone who:
- Is enthusiastic about this opportunity
- Has experience in Early Years development and theatre participation
- Is dynamic in approach to working with young people
- Has a good level of written and spoken English
- Is confident using a computer – in particular email, Microsoft and social media
- Uses initiative and thinks creatively
How to apply
Please send us:
- a CV
- an Equal Opportunities monitoring form
- and an Expression of Interest or Cover Letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) covering the following information:
- What experience do you have within the creative sector, through education, clubs or voluntary activities?
- What excites you about your work?
- Why do you think you are the person we are looking for to undertake this role?
- What do you expect to be the challenges of this work?
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 10 August 2022 (12 noon)
If you would like to apply via a different format (e.g video/audio) please feel free to do so in place of your Expression of Interest. We will still require a basic CV.
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview on Monday 15 August 2022.
The Autumn term begins on Saturday 20 August 2022.